How to Get Back on Track After a Binge Weekend
Halloween candy get the best of you too? Whether it was a holiday, a birthday, a vacation or even just that time of the month, there are going to be times when we go a little overboard. It's totally okay! What's not okay is letting that keep you down and feeling less than awesome. If you're like me (which I know you are because you're here) you want all the tips to feeling great again in no time. That is exactly why I'm sharing this post. These are my secrets to getting right back track and feeling amazing in just two days...
Because we women are so hard on ourselves I’m going to start off by explaining the things I DON’T do when I want to move forward from a poor eating weekend.
• DON’T get on the scale. When we consume a surplus in carbohydrates/calories our bodies store water weight. If you weight after a splurge the number you see can be very confusing so just weigh at the end of the week if you're really curious.
• DON’T put yourself down. You’re not weak, you created memories, had a great time and enjoyed yourself!
• DON’T starve yourself the next day or jump on a juice cleanse. This can only slow your metabolism even more.
• DON’T pick yourself apart in the mirror. You were perfectly created in God’s image. Your bloat will be gone in two days! Promise!
• DON'T spend an entire day in the gym trying to burn calories.
What I do instead is get right back onto my anti-inflammatory way of eating. You could call it Mediterranean-Keto. Understand that the Mediterranean Diet is essentially foods readily available to people in the Mediterranean region. Keto is a macro count or daily food consumption percentage. In other words, Mediterranean is the foods you eat and Keto is the amounts in which you eat them.
Let’s dive deeper...
What it is...
Fresh-pressed Olive Oil
Lots of Seafood
High-grade Lean Meats
What it isn’t...
Pounds of butter
Low-quality Fatty Meats
Now that you know what to eat, it's important to know the amounts. Although, I don't think it's necessary to count your macros on a daily basis, I do believe that eating in any new format takes practice and consideration. Plug the Keto macros into your favorite food tracking app. From there, I suggest playing around with the menu I mapped out below along with other Mediterranean foods that you love.
75% Fat, 20% Protein, 5% Carbohydrates
Here’s what a “perfect” day looks like for me and what I aim to follow for 2-5 days after a "fun" weekend.
Wake up and drink my Morning ACV Drink
Breakfast: “Bacon & Eggs”
2 whole organic eggs (cooked in ghee)
2 slices of ButcherBox Bacon
Keto Coffee: 1TBSP Ghee, 2TBSP